Re: Does emacs have a line numbering feature?

From: Michael Trausch
Subject: Re: Does emacs have a line numbering feature?
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:31:51 -0400

Drew Adams, on 09/09/2007 06:58 PM said:

> Are you using Emacs 22? If so, then you can define a different command,
> `global-linum-mode', as follows (after loading linum.el):
>
> (define-globalized-minor-mode global-linum-mode
>    linum-mode (lambda nil (linum-mode 1)))
>
> Then just put this in your .emacs: (global-linum-mode 1).
>
> You can toggle line numbering in all buffers at once using command
> `global-linum-mode'. Even the minibuffer is affected, which might not be
> what you want.

A small price to pay, given that having linum is about one of the only
things that I was really left wishing for.  :)  Now, if I could just
find a computer chip to implant in my brain that would teach me LISP... :-)

Thank you!

        -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                http://www.trausch.us/
Pidgin 2.1.1 and plugins for Ubuntu Feisty!