Re: INSTALL file. Comments.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: INSTALL file. Comments.
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:52:02 +0300

> From: Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null>
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:23:35 +1000
>
> A significant problem
> with open source is that developers are seldom interested in writing
> documentation and often, when they do, its not that good.

But Emacs does not belong to the so-called ``open source'' movement,
so fortunately the above is not true for it.  I think Emacs
documentation is actually quite good.

Of course, there's always place for improvement (specific suggestions
are most welcome), which is why it's important to hear newbies instead
of mocking them.