Re: cperl-mode

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: cperl-mode
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:11:44 +1000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org>
>> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:33:53 +0000 (UTC)
>> Bcc: ilya@gnu.org
>> Originator: ilya@powdermilk.math.berkeley.edu
>>
>> [A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
>> Eli Zaretskii
>> <eliz@gnu.org>], who wrote in article

>> > You heard wrong.  I just tested this, and the highlighting is exactly
>> > as you wanted it to be.
>>
>> ... which means it is an intermittent bug.
>
> Or no bug at all.

Eli, I just grabbed your latest version
($Id: cperl-mode.el,v 5.23 2007/02/15 11:34:23 vera Exp vera $) and when I
byte compile it, I get a lot of warnings, many of them about it using
depricated features, such as the VC header alist, backquote format (which
it claims has bee depricated for 10 years, which seems odd), new calling
args for error or align or something (sorry, can't remember specifics just
now) and some other things - all of them just warnings, no errors..

this was with emacs 22.1.50.1

Do you want to be informed about these, do you want patches that fix the
depricated warnings or is this all stuff you know about and are working on
or will get to later?

Tim

)
--