Re: Overriding behavior in major modes (sql-mode, here)

From: Michael Trausch
Subject: Re: Overriding behavior in major modes (sql-mode, here)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:08:05 -0400

Tim X, on 09/11/2007 04:25 AM said:

> A very quick look makes me think that sql-mode is using the
> tab-to-tab-stop function to do its indentation. I would try setting
> tab-stop-list and see if that helps. M-x edit-tab-stops will let you
> edit the list interactively.

I tried that (actually I have a custom tab-stop list in my .emacs, but I
tried this too) and it didn't work.  It doesn't indent at /all/ on lines
that follow lines that do not start with whitespace, and on lines that
start with whitespace, it will indent on the next line to the column of
the first non-whitespace character on the previous line.  It doesn't
really make any sense to me, and while I *can* work like that, I don't
particularly enjoy it...

        -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                http://www.trausch.us/
Pidgin 2.1.1 and plugins for Ubuntu Feisty!