Re: cperl-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: cperl-mode
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:44:54 +0300

> From: Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org>
> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:58:23 +0000 (UTC)
> Bcc: ilya@gnu.org
> Originator: ilya@powdermilk.math.berkeley.edu
>
> > No, I mean that it could be a cockpit error.  Or incomplete bug report
> > (i.e. the problem does exist, but shows up in a situation other than
> > just "emacs -Q").
>
> It was checked with emacs -q only...

"emacs -q" and "emacs -Q" are the same thing on my system, since
there's no site-init file; the only difference is that -Q doesn't show
the splash screen.

Anyway, I just rechecked with -q, just to be sure, and I still don't
see the problem.

> [I think that anything which shows with
>
>   emacs -q
>
> on a "shipped system" is a bug in Emacs.

Yes.

> A packager of a distribution is a part of developpers team, you want
> it or not...]

On my system, _I_ am the packager.  Emacs was produced from stock
ftp.gnu.org sources and installed by "make install".