managing buffers

From: Daniel C. Bastos
Subject: managing buffers
Date: 12 Sep 2007 02:39:32 -0400

How do you guys manage your buffers? I'm currently using cycle-buffer.el
and I attach the non-permissive functions to [f1] and [f2] and then I go
back and forth between buffers with these keys, which is fast and nice.

It's nice to be able to go back to the last buffer you were in, but
sometimes you have too many buffers open and you know which one you
want, so you don't want to search your ring of buffers one by one. For
that I usually C-x b and use TAB to complete my buffer name.

I usually use the GNU emacs on terminals, not on X, so speedbar is not
really helpful there. Besides, I rather leave the mouse aside. So
although I have an okay buffer management, I sometimes feel it could be
better; so I was wondering how you guys do it.