Re: Charset problem

From: Christian Schröder
Subject: Re: Charset problem
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:06:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Can you post the offending file (as a binary attachment), or at least
its small fragment with the characters shown as question marks?

I have attached a fragment of the file to this posting. I have zipped it to make sure it doesn't get modified during its path through the news world. ;)

Perhaps the file itself mixes Latin-1 and non-Latin-1 characters, or
has some other weird bytes in it.

I could not see anything like this, but maybe I have overlooked something.

Btw, does it help to visit the file with "C-x RET c Latin-1 RET C-x C-f"
instead of the usual "C-x C-f"?

"Latin-1" did not work ("No match"), so I used "iso-latin-1" (which is the default when I have the "de_DE" locale active) and saw no difference (which did not surprise me since "iso-latin-1" is the default).

Regards,
        Christian