Re: emacsclientw not working

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacsclientw not working
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:30:42 +0200

On 9/21/07, Jason Rumney <jasonrumney@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what emacsclient does when HOME is not set, but
> that could be another source of problems.

On Windows XP (which the OP is using), when HOME is not set Emacs
defaults to %APPDATA%, as does emacsclient.c.

To be precise, the Emacs code (which is yours) use

  get_folder_path (NULL, CSIDL_APPDATA, NULL, 0, default_home);

while the less sofisticate emacsclient code does:

  getenv ("APPDATA")

but the results should match.

What I don't understand is why Ted's Emacs thinks that HOME points to
C:\. Emacs 22.1 running on XP should default to "C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Application Data" or somesuch.

             Juanma