Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:04:32 +0100

On 21/09/2007, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> Most long-time Emacs users I talk to have a similar experience.  I
> think this is one of the great joys of Emacs.
>
> On the minus side, discoverability remains a problem.  Sometimes I
> wish I'd found those features years earlier.

That's the problem I'm trying to address.
If the list members could provide the 'clues' I'm more than willing
to collate them, or perhaps we could use a wiki or some other web site
to collect them?

Ideas for an 'index' please? What form? Its the match of 'idea/usage'
vs package name/variable/mode. Generally once you have the key words,
emacs is sufficiently helpful?

regards

--
Dave Pawson