Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:56:06 +0100

On 22/09/2007, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Ideas for an 'index' please? What form? Its the match of 'idea/usage'
> > vs package name/variable/mode. Generally once you have the key words,
> > emacs is sufficiently helpful?
>
> Instead of inventing new machinery, how about enhancing the existing
> one?  "C-h P" is supposed to use the index you seem to think about.

Good example, both counts.
No sign of revert (even if I understood it to mean reload).
And I'd never heard of C-h P. As I said, I'd need to know the magic
word 'revert'
to find revert. That's the index I think is missing.

Not enough for me Eli, but another one to add to the list :-)

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.