Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:25:27 +0100

On 23/09/2007, Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

> So  Dave, guess what, my advice .....RTFM!

No Tim, I'd never found either of those indices. Like Steve, I'm still looking
at the word revert and seeing some form of 'go back' to something.
IMHO, today, it's plain wrong. The CMS example even justified that
interpretation.

Yes, another index, presuming familiarity with the oddities of texinfo.
Eli tells me that it is the official policy of gnu. I find that archaic.

Looking at
http://savannah.gnu.org/search/index.php?type_of_search=soft&words=%%%
there isn't even a general gnu documentation list, seems that texinfo is a given
and not open to a challenge.

Ah well.

regards

--