Re: emacs new user.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs new user.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:05:39 +0200

> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Moofar <smallnow@gmail.com>
>
> I do have one question that would just be very helpful to get me started. I
> am working on a file in C, xxx.c and the auto indentation feature is not
> working or not turned on.

Perhaps it only looks like auto indentation is not working, because
you expect it to indent when you press RET (the Enter key).  If so,
try pressing C-j instead.  Also try TAB on a line that already has
some text to reindent it.  Did those two work?

> The c mode is enabled and other functions are working. I'm reading
> about the c mode options and options in general through in the
> documentation to figure it out, but an easy answer would be a huge
> help.

C Mode is fully documented in a separate manual, "ccmode".