New Gnus User

From: Aurélien Noce
Subject: New Gnus User
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:38:04 +0200

Hello,

I'm new in the emacs world (I recently switched from VIM) and I'm
starting to use Gnus as a news/mail reader. Despite the lot fo
ressources available over the Internet, there are some answers I
could'nt find, especially about the mail backends.

That's why I hope some emacs' gurus from here may help :)

- I'm accessing an IMAP account via nnimap and it works well, except
  that it fetched headers every time I connect. Is there a way to
  cache the headers once for all (and cache the headers only, not the
  full mailbox via nnml) ?

- Is there a way to access a POP accounts remotely, I mean without
  fetching all the mails locally via fetchmail or gnus ? I know POP is
  not intended to be used like that, but I also now that many other
  email client provide a way to do it... (ideally I would love to use
  the POP account "as an IMAP one", and with the "caching headers"
  features I mentioned earlier).

Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS: English is not my native language, so please excuse any possible
rudeness (which wouldn't be intended)

--
|Phd Student - Robotics Department      | MAIL:   noce@lirmm.fr |