Re: CVS Emacs 22.1.50 problem

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs 22.1.50 problem
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:07:48 +0200

Am 25.09.2007 um 18:11 schrieb Warren Oates:

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, I think so: to create the Carbon version of GNU Emacs 23.0.50 you should use the make-package script in the mac directory ... but what was produced three weeks ago did not really work, it crashed quite soon.

I don't remember when I last had a config.status for Carbon Emacs and compiled and installed as usual, but I think src/emacs and /usr/local/ bin/emacs were not usable. Carbon Emacs seems to need an installation via the package made by the script make.package.

--
Greetings

  Pete

“I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.”
     - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.