Re: CVS Emacs 22.1.50 problem

From: Warren Oates
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs 22.1.50 problem
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:50:54 -0400

In article <mailman.1292.1190758185.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Yes, I think so: to create the Carbon version of GNU Emacs 23.0.50
> you should use the make-package script in the mac directory ... but
> what was produced three weeks ago did not really work, it crashed
> quite soon.
>
> I don't remember when I last had a config.status for Carbon Emacs and
> compiled and installed as usual, but I think src/emacs and /usr/local/
> bin/emacs were not usable. Carbon Emacs seems to need an installation
> via the package made by the script make.package.

Today I updated from the cvs at cvs.sv.gnu.org and did:

make clean
make distclean
./configure
make bootstrap

and it all came up perfect and roses. It built my favored cli Emacs and
a nice new Carbon version for me (it's Emacs.app in emacs/mac/) which is
a bit slow but works nonetheless.

I don't know, maybe I forgot one of those steps before.

M-x version:
GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin8.10.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of
2007-09-26 on peckinpah
--
W. Oates