Re: longlines mode

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: longlines mode
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:21:49 +0300

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:40:11 -0700, weber <hugows@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I was just trying to use a scratch area on a tall and narrow window,
> 30 characters wide, on the right side of emacs.  Then i turned on
> longlines-mode so my lines would be wrapped, and found out that are
> not wrapped in the end of a window, but relative to the variable
> fill-column.

Which is easy to set `C-u 30 C-x f' :-)

> So my question is: is there another mode i can use for wrapping lines
> (soft wrap) that is set according to the current window size?

I'm not a very prolific longlines-mode user.  I mostly use it to edit
blog posts and blog comments, where hard line breaks cause unnecessarily
short lines in the output page/document.

Have you checked if there's an option which configures longlines-mode to
behave like this?