EDT Emulation

From: SteveFKI
Subject: EDT Emulation
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

I have a .emacs file which is used widely within our organisation. This works
fine when using one terminal emulation package, but not another. To be
precise, if I login through a KEA session it works, but through Putty or a
VNC session to an X Session I get the following message.

Ack!!  You're running the Enhanced EDT Emulation without loading an
     EDT key mapping file.  To create an EDT key mapping file, run the
     edt-mapper.el program.  It is safest to run it from an Emacs loaded
     without any of your own customizations found in your .emacs file, etc.
     The reason for this is that some user customizations confuse
edt-mapper.
     You can do this by quitting Emacs and then invoking Emacs again as
     follows:

          emacs -q -l edt-mapper.el

     [NOTE:  If you do nothing out of the ordinary in your .emacs file, and
     the search for edt-mapper.el is successful, you can try running it
now.]

     The file edt-mapper.el includes these same directions on how to
     use it!  Perhaps it's lying around here someplace.
     Nope, I can't seem to find it.  :-(

If I run emacs as it says above, I get the following

Cannot open load file: edt-mapper.el.

The problem is almost certainly a configuration difference between KEA, and
my other terminal sessions, but I don't know where to start looking.

Can someone point me in the right direction please, so I can investigate.

Thanks

:-)