Re: which of the many .el's is best for (simple?) html, etc?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: which of the many .el's is best for (simple?) html, etc?
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:05:27 +0200

David Combs wrote:
Here's the page in emacswiki that lists the various
emacs-packages that pertain to creating web-pages.
Which are your favorites?  (Why?)

Which are capable and yet easy to learn?

THANKS!

David

Here's that category-page (via lynx):

   #[1]Emacs Wiki with page content [2]Emacs Wiki with page content and
   diff [3]Emacs Wiki including minor differences

   [4][Home] [5]SiteMap [6]Search [7]ElispArea [8]HowTo [9]RecentChanges
   [10]News [11]Problems [12]Suggestions

[14]CategoryHypermedia
     * [27]NxhtmlMode - Editing XHTML files. Based on [28]NxmlMode, but
       with enhanced completion for XHTML and support for multiple major
       modes ([29]MuMaMo).

Since no one else mention it I speak for nXhtml. It uses the powerful nXml emacs package that makes it easy to write correct html code (completion, error detecting). The web pages contains more information.

I have tried to make this easy for both a beginner and a power-user. If you try it I would be glad for some feedback.

You need Emacs 22 to use it. (Which of the other modes/packages on that page above works in Emacs 22?)