Re: alternative to delete key

From: Nikola Skoric
Subject: Re: alternative to delete key
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 14:24:21 +0000 (UTC)

Dana Sat, 06 Oct 2007 15:14:06 +0200,
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> kaze:
> Nikola Skoric <nick-news@net4u.hr> writes:
>
>> Is there another binding for deleting a character on wich the cursor
>> is other than delete key? I hate it when I have to move my hand to
>> readh the delete key. Any alternatives?
>
> Try C-d.  You also may want to re-read the tutorial and the first
> sections of the Emacs manual for these basic things. ;-)

Sorry for wasting your time :-\ Command summary I was looking at says
C-d invokes delete-char, and DEL invokes delete-backward-char. So I
figured those two don't do the same thing. Anyway, I wasn't *that* lazy,
I really did consult google before asking... next time I'll try out the
obvious before concluding they don't do the same thing :-D

--
"Now the storm has passed over me
I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea