diary settings for recurring events

From: knubee
Subject: diary settings for recurring events
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:49:19 -0700

Sometimes we want a recurring event to have a limited time-span. For
example, to have a weekly event start on a particular date and end on
a particular date. Is there a simple way to do this in emacs diary?

I have been trying to find something like this:

   Monday 14:00-16:00 8 Oct 2007 +5 blah blah blah

Which would specify a recurring event on mondays, starting 8 Oct 2007,
and recurring for 5 weeks.

Alternatively, the more verbose:

  Monday 14:00-16:00 8 Oct 2007 - 5 Nov 2007 blah blah blah

thanks.