auto-mode-alist, adding two modes

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: auto-mode-alist, adding two modes
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:33:52 +0200

Hi

I would like to get emacs to use longlines-mode *and* flyspell-mode
for all files ending in .txt

If I add this in my .emacs

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.txt\\'" . longlines-mode ))

followed by a similar line for flyspell, ignores the first, and uses
only the latter.

I've tried several more complicated incantations, but I'm not exactly
fluent in lisp.

Would appreciate a hint or two..

Thx

Gijs

--
The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the
people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people