Re: emacs -nw conflicts with (set-foreground-color "xxx")

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs -nw conflicts with (set-foreground-color "xxx")
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:29:43 +0200

Am 09.10.2007 um 23:50 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

(Personally I don't see any reason why GNU Emacs, when running
without windows inside a terminal emulation, should use other colours
then those I've chosen for the host, i.e. the terminal emulation.

Because it simply cannot know what you've chosen.

As I explained elsewhere in this thread, Emacs simply asks the
terminal to display color number N and _assumes_ that each number
corresponds to the color in the normal ANSI 8-color sequence.  There's
no general-purpose API (AFAIK) to query Posix-standard terminal driver
for the actual colors that correspond to each color number.

I was trying to express that once in the terminal emulation colours are set right, there is no reason why GNU Emacs should use different ones. It would lose readability, I presume ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Got Mole problems?