Re: display-time-string-forms

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: display-time-string-forms
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:28:15 +0200

Am 10.10.2007 um 01:11 schrieb Sean Sieger:

With M-x apropos display-time, I found the variable and its
documentation, but I don't know elisp.  I was hoping there was some
information in the manual, but no.

Is there a little something I can put in my ~/.emacs to get the form:

yyyymmdd hh:mm

It isn't ELisp, it's UNIX: 'man strftime' can explain. Then you can experiment on the command line with something like:

        date '+%Y%M%d %R%p'

When you've found what you want, you can customise display-time- format to become "%Y%M%d %R%p" or your finding.

--
Greetings
  Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
        The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
        than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
        bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.