Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:16:03 -0400

> It is some collection of variable values that someone thought
> would be "dangerous".

Nobody thought it would be dangerous: instead, nobody thought about stating
that it is *not* dangerous.  In the absence of any info either way, Emacs
says "since it may be safe but it may also be dangerous, let's not take any
risk and ask the user".

> So, I guess, in the end, I'm asking for an enhancement:

Check `enable-local-variables'.  And since you're of the optimistic kind,
check `enable-local-eval' as well.

        Stefan