Re: Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single pag

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: Re: Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:01:56 +1100

vasan999@hotmail.com writes:

> So there are two problems:
> (1) split the ps into single pages
> (2) split each page in the center to to two successive pages.
> (3) then combine all the ps
> (4) I would like the ps to be converted to pdf so that it is
> searcheable, if possible.
>
> Steps 1-2 are the most important.
>
> Vasantha

Hi

I think a ghostsript mail list is more appropriate for this
discussion.

Anyway, you may wish to try pdftk. If you have ghostscript, first,
convert ps to pdf with ps2pdf, then use pdftk.

,----[ pdftk - A handy tool for manipulating PDF ]

|        If  PDF  is  electronic paper, then pdftk is an electronic
|        staple-remover, hole-punch,  binder,  secret-decoder-ring,
|        and  X-Ray-glasses.   Pdftk  is  a  simple  tool for doing
|        everyday things with PDF documents.  Use it to:
|
|        * Merge PDF Documents
|        * Split PDF Pages into a New Document
|        * Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
|        * Encrypt Output as Desired
|        * Fill PDF Forms with FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms
|        * Apply a Background Watermark
|        * Report PDF Metrics such as Metadata and Bookmarks
|        * Update PDF Metadata
|        * Attach Files to PDF Pages or the PDF Document
|        * Unpack PDF Attachments
|        * Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
|        * Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
|        * Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)
`----

Check if this link is not dead
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Setting Orange, the 66th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173