Re: longlines mode

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: longlines mode
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:28:57 +0200

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Does anybody know whether W3 is progressing to a useful state?
>>
>> W3 is in maintenance mode if not dead.

Well, I thought now that Emacs became a graphics and even a pdf viewer
of sorts ...

> Did you tried w3m + emacs-w3m?

Yes, and it was a bit painful at times.  I very much prefer a text
mode for editing, administration and so on but for most www sites it's
often too hard to read.

> http://w3m.sourceforge.net/
> http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/
>
> It works like a charm here.

What I very much liked were the Emacsi key bindings.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany