Re: Emacs as an IDE

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Emacs as an IDE
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:33:12 +0200

    [...]

    >> They google for it :-) This is a FAQ. Look for cedet, ecb and
    >> intellisense:

    Richard> Do you have it working? I never got intellisense "like" features
    Richard> working properly (or usefully).

Hi,

yeah, took me some time and still isn't up to complex C++ projects, but my setup
for C source files displays the declarations of variables, functions etc. in the
minibuffer and I can do completion with `semantic-ia-complete-symbol'.

If you are interested, I can post my setup here, but be warned: there are a lot
of settings related to cedet and ecb, and I have no time to sort everything
superflous for your problem out.

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

I knew I wasn't as stupid as I looked. No one was.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), Greenwich Killing Time. New York (Wings
Books), 204