Re: color depth on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: color depth on Windows
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:35:59 +0200

On 10/17/07, Maciej <mkalisiak@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I get Emacs to come up in non-"low color" mode?

You surely lack the image libraries (which are not included in the
standard distribution). They can be downloaded from GnuWin32
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net).

Take a look at http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html#imagesupport

At that site you can also download a prebuilt binary for Windows
(including the image libraries), with some changes with respect to the
standard distribution. I personally don't like some of the changes,
but many Windows users seem to consider them quite useful.

             Juanma