Terminal mode and TRAMP just hang

From: address@hidden
Subject: Terminal mode and TRAMP just hang
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:07:16 -0700

GNU emacs 22.1 running native in Windows (not the cygwin version but I
am using cygwin-mount.el).
M-x shell works fine with cygwin bash
M-x term with cygwin bash as the shell just hangs with nothing at all
in the buffer and the buffer responds to nothing at all. In fact I
have to get to another buffer to get Emacs to respond again so I can
kill the terminal buffer.
If Ieave the shell as the default (cmdproxy.exe), M-x term shows the
initial prompt but then does nothing, repsonds to nothing etc.

Any ideas? All works fine in XEmacs (but I've only tested a fully
cygwinised version to be fair).

I think it's related but TRAMP just hangs too.

I think I might have read somewhere that native NTemacs doesn't like
using cygwin versions of bash/ssh etc? But M-shell doesn't seem to
mind ...

PK