RE: buffer for unopened file?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: buffer for unopened file?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:09:51 -0700

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Search_Commands%2c_Overview

> Icicles is fine but maybe a built-in feature of Emacs is good enough
> for the beginning: Bookmarks.
> C-x r m -- save current file as a bookmark
> C-x r l -- list bookmarks (this is similar to C-x C-b)
> and at some stage you should do "M-x bookmark-save".

Yes, as I said, if you go to Emacs Wiki you will find lots of info about
ways to save and later access files. Bookmarking is one (good) way that is
discussed there. It's not clear exactly what the OP's use case is, and
whether Sebastian's suggestion or bookmarks or filecache or Icicles or
whatever will satisfy it. I suggest again that the OP take a look at the
possibilities mentioned on the wiki, to see which might correspond best to
his need.