Re: font setting stopped working in Emacs 22 (Ubuntu)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: font setting stopped working in Emacs 22 (Ubuntu)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:53:25 +0200

Am 25.10.2007 um 14:55 schrieb bramble:

The previous version of Ubuntu
had 2 different emacs deb packages available. Emacs 21, and one with
"snapshot" in the package name (I think it was emacs-snapshot-gtk)
which was version 22.

"Snapshot" says that this package has been made from an "unreleased" software, at some moment taken off some CVS or SVN or GIT or whatever repository – like a snapshot. A "plain" release is made of released software.

GNU Emacs examples: while GNU Emacs 21.1 was released, CVS had 21.3.50 in development; while GNU Emacs 21.2 was released, CVS had 22.0.50 in development; while GNU Emacs 22.1 is released, CVS has 23.0.50 in development ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy. When planets do it we say they are orbiting.