Re: reading mail from gmail account with gnus in Emacs22

From: Alexandru Cardaniuc
Subject: Re: reading mail from gmail account with gnus in Emacs22
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:48:42 -0800

me@guillermoamaral.com (Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas) writes:

>>   I got the new IMAP working, I am not sure if the POP3 + SSL works.
>>
>>   (nnimap ""
>>           (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>>           (nnimap-stream ssl)
>>           (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
>>

>>   IMAP Google works great by the way.
>
>   POP3+SSL work fine ( running Gnus/5.110007 CVS (No Gnus v0.7)
> under Emacs/23.0.60 CVS (gnu/linux) )

> (eval-after-load "mail-source" '(require 'pop3))
> (setq mail-sources
>       '((pop :server "pop.gmail.com"
>              :port 995
>              :user "YOUR_USERNAME_HERE"
>              :connection ssl
>              :leave t
>              :password "YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE")))
>
>   I did notice that the pop source had to be first in order for it to
> work ( I'm sure you could adjust that somewhere )

That didn't work for me either! I get stringp error. I use the stable
version of Emacs 22 that is included in Debian Testing distribution. May
be it has some bugs in pop.el that were solved in cvs ?

But I am happy that it works at least somehow now.

--
"Every problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to
solve other problems."