Re: java classpath error in xsl-mode

From: John Burke
Subject: Re: java classpath error in xsl-mode
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 17:03:17 -0800

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:

> John Burke wrote:
>> For some reason that's beyond me, when I attempt to transform an xml
>> file using an xsl transform (using xslide), I get the following
>> error:

>> com/jclark/xsl/sax/Driver
>>
>> Now, the odd thing is that if I execute the *same* command from a
>> shell it works fine.  (and FWIW, I use xemacs on linux with a
>> similar config and it also works just fine.)  I have a sinking
>> suspicion that it's related to my platform:  Mac OSX.  -- those
>> forward slashes don't look right, and the command definitely was
>> ...com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver...)
>
> How are you starting emacs?  Perhaps it doesn't have some necessary
> environment variables set -- you could test that theory by starting
> emacs from the shell where the command works.

Yep.  That was true. Typing “printenv” revealed my CLASSPATH simply
was not set in Emacs...

Tho I heard that applications needed envars set in
~/.MacOS/environment.plist, this also doesn’t work w/ Emacs.

Turns out the fix was quite simple: simply declare the environment
variable in .emacs thusly:

(setenv “CLASSPATH”
“/usr/local/xt/xt.jar:/usr/local/xt/sax.jar:/usr/local/xp.jar”)

Thx,

jb