hexl-mode, while saving encoding problem

From: Gelika PAPP-RAFFY
Subject: hexl-mode, while saving encoding problem
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:03:18 +0100

Hello,

I am editing binary files with emacs (ID3 tags in .mp3 files).
I use the hexl-mode.
When I want to save my modifications I get the question "Selet coding system" and it is asking me to choose between several like undecided-unix, mule-utf-8, etc.

But I don't want to encode the text, it is pure binary!
I tried to do with the "undecided" but it still modifies (and corrupts) my file.

Is there any possibility to overcome this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Gelika