Re: Ispell and emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Ispell and emacs
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:30:30 +0200

> From: vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
> Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:57:01 +0000 (UTC)
>
> What is the story about compatibility between versions of
> emacs and ispell? On XP, W98, and pure DOS 6.22.

It's quite hard to understand what are you asking.  If you ask about
using a Windows port of Emacs with a DOS port of Ispell, or the other
way around, then it's almost certain that they will be incompatible,
due to different compilation options.

If you ask about the same binaries of Emacs and Ispell on different
versions of Windows, then I would not expect any problems.

> BTW, why do DOS programs (including emacs) look like a movie
> theater screen (fully wide but not tall) on w98?
> Is there a way around this?

I think you need to modify the properties of emacs.exe to set
non-default window size.  By default, it is reset to 25 lines.