Re: Collecting keywords in bibtex mode

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Collecting keywords in bibtex mode
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:12:05 +0100

Sven Bretfeld wrote:
Hi to all

I'm sadly missing a feature in bibtex mode. It should be possible to
collect a list of all values in all keywords = {value} lines of a
bibtex buffer. Alternatively a list of all possible values for this
field should be definable by the user (maybe in some commented region
on top or bottom of the file like the Local Variables).

The point is, that the keywords-fields of a bibtex database should
have a consistent terminology. When, for example, I want to view all
my collected entries on the topic "warfare" there are possibly some
books that are not matched because I accidentally gave them the
keyword "war" instead of "warfare". This could be better controlled at
the time of inserting a new entry with a kind of
"bibtex-show-and-select-keywords" function.

Other bibliography software (like Endnote and JabRef) are aware of
keywords. In Emacs I haven't found such a feature. Have I overlooked
it? Or did I (like so often) just not understand the power of a
certain function?

Greetings

Sven

It sounds like a good idea and something that would be equally useful in org-mode.

BTW, has anyone used org-mode for keeping article references etc? Some suggestions about how to do it?