Re: Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:58:36 -0800 (PST)

yes, it's a software error created by whoever coded lonelines-mode.

it's a major pain in the ass. I have also reported the problem here
before. I have basically now abandoned using longelines-mode.

i'm not sure what you can do to work around this... but thanks for
bringing attention to it.

not solving your problem, but i've written essays on this issue you
might be interested:

The Harm of hard-wrapping Lines
http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/hard-wrap.html

The Modernization of Emacs