Re: how to use "if" in lisp

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: how to use "if" in lisp
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:19:57 +1100

Teng Wang <twang.umn@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for your help.
>
> I think about it for a while. I think my design is sort of
> nonsense. Since .emacs only be loaded once when start up. When I
> change the buffer, it cannot run again.
>
> So now, I am wondering: is there any way to make it run on fly?

Can I suggest you let us know what it is you want to do as then we can
possibly give you better alternative solutions. I'm guessing that what you
are really looking for is how to make some elisp run when you enter a
particular mode. If this is the case, what you are looking for is known in
emacs as a 'hook'. Many modes provide various hooks that are run a certain
times, such as wehn a mode is first loaded. Using hooks is one of the
standard ways to customize a mode.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au