Re: Emacs "dumb" terminal question.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs "dumb" terminal question.
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:45:49 +0100

Am 17.11.2007 um 12:03 schrieb LeAnthony:

tset--Q is not defined.

It is not a string, but a command with two options. To write it a bit differently:

        tset SPC - SPC -Q

The command

        man tset

again with at least one SPC can explain a bit.

When I change it to ANSI or VT100 emacs gives me the "dump" message
again"

How do you do that change? Did you read PuTTY's documentation? Does it really support terminal emulations of type ``ANSI´´ or ``VT100´´? In UNIX these names are usually lower case – and this case matters!

--
Greetings

  Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
                               -- George W. Bush