Re: pdflatex short-cut keys

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: pdflatex short-cut keys
Date: 19 Nov 2007 01:46:15 GMT

Christian_Yale wrote:
> I want to have a short-cut key for running latex (under pdf mode) in
> emacs22,

C-c C-c RET

if the file was modified from the last time latex was run, that will do the
trick. C-c C-c is also the proper way to run other commands, such as
opening viewers and a couple of other things.

> then i do not need to click the icon (the lion one, where
> appear 'Run LaTeX' if you put the mouse over it) for doing so. I put
> the following in my .emacs file, but it did not work (i wanted to get
> "ALT+t" to run latex):

the default binding of M-t is way too useful to rebind it to anything
else. IHMO you'd better stick to the shortcut keys that AUCTeX provides by
default, there's good reason why they're set up the way they are.

>  (list "pdfLaTeX" "pdflatex '\\nonstopmode\\input{%t}'" 'TeX-run-LaTeX
> nil t)

i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

>         (global-set-key "\M-t" 'do-pdflatex)
>         (defun do-pdflatex ()
>               "pdflatex the current file."
>               (interactive)
>               (TeX-command "pdfLaTeX" 'TeX-master-file))
>
> but, is not working at all, I mean when i "ALT+t" appear a message (in
> emacs) that says
>
> Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

somewhere a function is getting an argument of nil where a stringp is
expected. you'll probably have to dig a little to find out where.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)