Re: tramp/ange-ftp: error in creation of dir's

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp/ange-ftp: error in creation of dir's
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:41:14 +0100

Martin Steffen <msteffen@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Hi,

> Otherwise, I can login, copy files etc, only the creation of
> directories does not work. The error message is
>
> mkdir /Volume_1/x
> ftp> 550 /Volume_1/x: No such file or directory.

[...]

> Actually, when looking at the command-message buffer, it seems that during
> the ftp-session there is something's going wrong, during directory browsing
> (with dired). So, the ftp-buffer complains all the time, that the
> respective director is not there (see the protocol below). That's strange,
> as in the dired-buffer, it seems to work, i.e., I can browse the directory
> tree, open files, change them, and store them back. Only in the ftp-command
> buffer, tramp/ange-ftp complains that those directories are not there:
>
> ls -al /tmp/ange-ftp3480Z7F
> ftp> 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,4,207,17)
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory listing.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> quote mdtm /Volume_1/
> ftp> 550 /Volume_1: No such file or directory.

Does it mean you are able to browse the directory "/Volume_1" in
dired? Strange.

Could you, please, provide the ange-ftp buffer for a whole session,
including browsing through the directory "/Volume_1" as well as
creation of files, editing files, creation of directories inside this
directory?

Best regards, Michael.