RegExp: match everything except a certain string

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: RegExp: match everything except a certain string
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:08:35 +0100

Hello to all

A RegExp beginner's question again. I cannot find a way to search for
a regexp that matches everything except of one certain string. The
problem is:

 author = {somename},
 editor = {},
 title = {sometitle},
 subtitle = {},
 series = {},
 url = {}

I want to find a regexp that matches every line with empty {} except
of the "subtitle line". I've come that far:

But this one also excludes the "series line", of course. I was
thinking of \<[^s][^u] but this doesn't work, since, then, the initial
s of "subtitle" is matched again.

What is the syntax for find .* except of the string "subtitle"? I
didn't recognize this in the Lisp info.

Thanks for help

Sven