Re: Possible bug in replace-regexp?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Possible bug in replace-regexp?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:47:04 +0100

Am 21.11.2007 um 00:59 schrieb Moira:

I should add that this is Aquaemacs

For me Aquamacs Emacs, the Carbon Emacs as distributed by David Reitter, does not work since last year. I have at least one other GNU Emacs too many. In none of them. not even the Cocoa Emacs.app, the same happens.

Your from expression is a bit unconventional: .*? – what can the ? do that .* are not able to do? Prevent greediness?

I'd recommend to repeat the test in a new instance of Aquamacs Emacs and then view with C-h l what exactly you did enter. If you can see from the *Help* buffer that no C-j or such was entered by you and the result of replace-regexp is still the same as described in your eMail, then it's time to choose 'Report Bug' from Aquamacs Emacs' Help menu.

BTW, Aquamacs Emacs has its own list: