Re: making Emacs 22 startup like Emacs 21

From: David Brodbeck
Subject: Re: making Emacs 22 startup like Emacs 21
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:22:10 -0800

On Nov 21, 2007, at 11:14 PM, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

Johan Bockgård wrote:
Better test whether there are any file visiting buffers
    (delq nil (mapcar 'buffer-file-name (buffer-list)))

Indeed, I was looking at an old version of my ~/.emacs.  Here's
what I have now:

        (catch 'inhibit-splash-screen
          (dolist (buffer (buffer-list) nil)
            (when (buffer-file-name buffer)
              (throw 'inhibit-splash-screen t))))

Hmm, when I paste this into my .emacs I still get the splash screen, even if I supply a filename on the command line. I must be doing something wrong.