Re: emacs not finding Xdefaults

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs not finding Xdefaults
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:00:31 +0100

Am 28.11.2007 um 15:10 schrieb rustom:

Strangely when X starts it does not use these settings but if I start
emacs-snapshot-gtk from the shell it finds them.

There should be some file that starts the X session, a file like ~/.xinitrc. One of the statements inside should be

        xrdb -merge $userresources

before the first X client is launched, where $userresources could also be an explicite file name. This way your X resource settings should be present for all X clients, including GNU Emacs.

If you determine the process ID of an X client that was launched at startup (xterm, maybe), the could invoke

        pstree -w -p <that PID<

and find out how your X session started.

Besides this, are you sure that ``emacs-snapshot-gtk*font´´ is the right name? For me ``Emacs*font´´ is sufficient ...

--
Greetings

  Pete      <\