Re: Easy way to rename files sequentially?

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Easy way to rename files sequentially?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:35:08 -0500

cothrige <cothrige@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-11-26, David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> M-x wdired-change-to-wdired-mode RET
>> C-M-% img RET \,(format "%03d" \#)-img RET
>> !
>> C-c C-c
>>

> Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I do the above?  Do you mean
> Control-Meta-% (Control-Alt-%)?  If so, then how does one accomplish
> that keystroke?  It seems to me to be the equivalent of
> Control-Alt-Shift-5, and that doesn't seem to work for me (and seems
> impossible for me to even do with only two hands).  How am I
> misreading this?

I hold my right pinky across the Shift and Control keys, depress the
right Alt with my right thumb, and then press 5 with my left hand.

If that doesn't work, then your terminal is not accepting the keystrokes
you think it is (e.g. not accepting Shift while Alt is depressed).

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician