Re: doc-view.el under windows

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el under windows
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:24:04 +0100

Corey Foote <coreyfoote@hotmail.com> writes:

Hi Corey,

> I'm having trouble getting doc-view.el to work on GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1
> under Windows XP. The problem I'm having when I try to load a PDF, the
> document is never displayed. The "Welcome to DocView" message is
> displayed in the DocView buffer and "DocView: using cached files!" is
> displayed in the minibuffer, but no PDF file ever appears. The first
> page should be showing up, because I have left
> doc-view-conversion-refresh-interval set to the default of 3.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm not sure, but please check the value of `doc-view-current-cache-dir'
in the doc-view buffer.  Have a look at this directory.  Does it contain
the png files of the document?

My suspicion is that you tried to open that doc once some time ago,
doc-view created the directory but conversion failed.  Now it thinks
that it can load the png files because the directory exists.

Try `M-x doc-view-clear-cache' or remove the directory manually.

Bye,
Tassilo