Re: image-dired shows images as text

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: image-dired shows images as text
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:05:07 +0100

winuser <winuser@intermonde.net> writes:

> I'm sure there's a simple explanation. All the Googling I did failed to turn
> up anything usefull.
> I'm using Win XP Media ona Athlon X2 box
> Below is contents of the Message buffer
> Marking matching files...
> 238 matching files marked.
> Directory contains more than 50 image files.  Proceed? (y or n)
> Cancelled.
> Type C-c C-c to view as an image.
> Repeat this command to go back to displaying the file as text
> Quit
> GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

As someone else pointed out, you canceled image-dired. If you had
answered `y' you might have seen a buffer with thumbnails. I say
`might' because image-dired requires the external tool `convert' to
work, and you run Windows XP where this is not installed by
default. However, you can easily download it, `convert' is part of the
ImageMagick package. After installing it you need to make sure that
convert.exe is in your PATH or you need to configure image-dired and
point out where the file is.

Good luck!