Re: solved: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: solved: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:38:58 +0100

On 19 Dec 2007 15:54:21 GMT Markus Grunwald <markus.grunwald@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> The messages show the view library being loaded after speedbar, perhaps
>> something there is overriding your key bindings.
>
> That was it. I used "view-read-only == 1" so that the speedbar buffer was
> in "view" mode. When throwing that out, it behaves as usual.
>
> Thanks for your help !

I'm glad it helped you.

> I won't switch to emacs22 before debian lenny becomes stable. I have to
> support a stable environment here and don't want to mix up things. So I'll
> have to live with emacs21 which is good enough for me.

Your reasoning implies that you install no software that is not packaged
for Debian stable.  If so, then it is consistent not to install Emacs
22.  But if you do have any non-Debian-stable software in your
environment, then installing Emacs 22 would be no different; after all,
it was deemed by its developers stable enough to be released (and by the
way, a number of bugs in Emacs 21 were fixed in Emacs 22).

Steve Berman