Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.

From: Adam Funk
Subject: Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:31:49 +0000

On 2007-12-19, Adam Funk wrote:

> [...]

Further investigation: by commenting and uncommenting various bits of
my .emacs file, I have found the culprit:

(custom-set-variables
  '(pc-select-meta-moves-sexps t)
  '(pc-select-selection-keys-only t)
; '(pc-selection-mode t nil (pc-select))   ; this was screwing up the
region-highlighting
)

Commenting out the pc-selection-mode line (but not the two pc-select-*
lines) fixes the problem.  I don't even remember what that stuff
means!

Of course I'll look it up, but it must have been there for a long time
and not caused any trouble until it interacted with something else
that came with Gutsy (same problem using either emacs 21.4 or 22.1).